Prayer for blog post inspiration granted.

email ideas

Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training. ~Anna Freud

As the day was slipping by, the intense waves of blog post guilt was almost at the breaking point.

According to one of my lists, that made my blog post 2 days late.

It’s just knowing that I couldn’t come up with anything creative, witty, or mildly interesting that made me realize that I had hit the wall. Maybe a banana split will help.

Putting it out there I knew that my prayers would somehow be answered and what a blessing, for my waistline, that they were within moments of my request.

The email angel not only sent me a great post … but one that describes OUR creative life every single day.

It’s really okay, if you don’t understand creative folk. You’ll be just fine.

Special thanks to Angel Alice for sending it to Rob…not me…but that will have to be discussed!

P.S. This Law of Attraction stuff really works!

The story goes…

Subject: Lost Cat

Thought you might enjoy this as it describes me as an artist. How about you?

Story goes: Shannon (the secretary) has lost her cat  and has asked David (the graphic designer) to help with a poster to help her find her lost cat.

This is their email correspondence… Read from top to bottom….

lost kitty

Missy

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  9.15am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Poster

Hi, I opened the screen door yesterday and my cat got out and has been missing  since then so I was wondering if  you are not to busy you could make a poster for me. It has to be A4 and I will photocopy it and put it around my suburb this afternoon.

This is the only  photo of her I have she answers to the name Missy and is black and white and about 8 months old.  Missing on Harper street and my phone  number.
Thanks Shan.

From David   Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010 9.26am
To: Shannon   Walkley
Subject: Re: Poster

Dear Shannon,
That is shocking  news.
Although I have two clients expecting completed work this afternoon, I will, of course, drop everything and do whatever it  takes to facilitate the speedy return of Missy.
Regards, David.

From:  Shannon Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  9.37am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Poster

Yeah okay, thanks. I know you don’t like cats but I am really worried about mine.  I have to leave at 1pm  today.

From: David Thorne
Date:  Monday 21 June 2010  10.17am
To: Shannon Walkley
Subject: Re: Re:  Re: Poster

animal sheltersDear  Shannon,
I never said I don’t like cats.  Attached poster as requested.
Regards, David.

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  10.24am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

yeah, that’s not what I  was looking for at all. it looks like a movie and how come the photo of Missy is so small?

From: David Thorne
Date:  Monday 21  June 2010 10.28am
To: Shannon Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Re:  Re:  Poster

Dear Shannon,
It’s a design thing. The cat is lost in the negative space.
Regards, David.

From: Shannon   Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.33am
To: David   Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

That’s just  stupid.  Can you do it properly please? I am extremely emotional over this and was up all night in tears. you seem to think it is funny. Can you make the  photo bigger please and fix the text and do it in color please.  Thanks.

From: David Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010   10.46am

To: Shannon Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Re:  Poster

looking for lost catDear Shannon,
Having worked with designers for a  few  years now, I would have assumed you understood, despite our vague   suggestions otherwise, we do not welcome constructive criticism. I  on’t come downstairs and tell you how to send text messages, log onto  Facebook and look out of the window. I have amended and attached the poster as per your instructions.
Regards, David.

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  10.59am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Poster

This is worse than the other one. Can you make it so it  shows the whole photo of Missy and delete the stupid text that says missing Missy off it? I  just want it to say Lost.

From: David  Thorne
Date:  Monday 21 June 2010 11.14am
To: Shannon  Walkley
Subject: Re: Re:  Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

lost catFrom: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  11.21am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Re:  Poster

yeah can you do the poster or not? I just want a photo and the word lost and the telephone number and when and where she was  lost and her name. Not like a movie poster or anything stupid. I have  to leave early today. If it was your cat I would help you.  Thanks.

From:  David Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  11.32am
To: Shannon  Walkley
Subject: Awww

Dear  Shannon,
I don’t have a cat. I  once agreed to look after a friend’s  cat for a week but after he dropped  it off at my apartment and  explained the concept of kitty litter. I have attached the amended version of your poster as per your detailed  instructions.
Regards,  David.

lost catFrom: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  11.47am
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Awww

Thats not my cat. where did you get  that picture from? That cat is orange. I gave you a photo of my  cat.

From: David Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010   11.58am
To: Shannon Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Awww

I know,  but that one is cute. As Missy has quite possibly met any one of  several violent ends, it is possible you might get a better cat out of  this. If  anybody calls and says “I haven’t seen your orange cat but I  did find a  black and white one with its hind legs run over by a car,  do you want it?”  you can politely decline and save yourself a costly  veterinarian  bill.
Regards, David.

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21  June 2010 12.07pm
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re:  Awww

Please just use the photo I  gave you.

From: David  Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  12.22pm
catTo: Shannon  Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Awww

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  12.34pm
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

I  didnt say there  was a reward. I don’t have $2000 dollars. What did you even put that there for? Apart from that it is perfect can you please remove the reward bit. Thanks Shan.

From: David Thorne
Date: Monday   21 June 2010 12.42pm
To: Shannon Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Re:  Re:  Re: Re: Awww

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  12.51pm
catTo: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Awww

Can you  just please take the reward bit off altogether? I have to leave in ten  minutes and I still have to make photocopies of  it.

From:  David Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  12.56pm
To: Shannon  Walkley
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Awww

lost cat

From: Shannon  Walkley
Date: Monday 21 June 2010  1.03pm
To: David  Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:   Awww

Fine. That will have to do.

About these ads

2 thoughts on “Prayer for blog post inspiration granted.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s