This may be a duplicate post but the question keeps coming up so I thought I’d cover it one more time.
FYI … You could just buy the book and all of your mosaic tile questions would be answered:)
- Q: How much time do you have to set the pieces into the concrete before it dries?
- A: It’s not concrete that is surrounding the pieces (for indoor projects) … It’s grout.
Basic instruction for indoor mosaic tile construction:
- Cut pieces to size … Always wear safety glasses when cutting!
- Glue pieces to the prepared surface using Weldbond or Mastic
- Let the glued pieces dry for at least 24 hours
- Prepare grout according to instructions
- Grout the piece
- Clean off the excess grout
- Dispose of unused grout properly … meaning not down the drain
- Let dry … Polish the grout haze as needed
- Seal dried piece with grout sealer
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. – Albert Einstein