But I am.
What’s a girl to do? (To my vegan friends … this really isn’t a question)
Like every other four legged creature that has graced my path, Jake eats meat.
Sure, it grosses me out to buy marrow bones from our local grocer, but I do it. Disgusting insides and all.
There are at least 25 of these little donuts hidden away in our building and yesterday I needed to figure out a way to reuse these little gems.
While searching the internet, I found a dog forum with a couple of really good dog bone filling ideas. Not being able to find a true recipe, I created my own.
#1 Dog Bone Veggie Filling
- Mash a ripe banana until smooth
- Add plain yogurt (or peanut butter) to reach a smooth by semi-thick consistency
- Fill marrow bone holes
- Freeze until center is firm
#2 Dog Bone Meat Filling
- Boil a boneless chicken breast
- Run it through a food processor
- Mix it with a veggie soup
- Blend. Fill. Freeze
I’ll let you know how it goes.
Have a great weekend!