Did a search for sea glass beaches and found a few in the US but … the “look don’t take” policies may be too much to bear. 😉
There’s a Sea Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, California that looks like a really fun field trip and I can’t believe that we were in Hanapepe Bay, in Kauai, Hawaii – twice – and had no idea that they had a sea glass beach. Good reason to go back, I guess.
There’s a bunch of Sea Glass Beaches in Northern California and since I’ve never been to any of them – there are no photos so please visit Sea Glass Beaches in Northern California by clicking here.
- Fort Bragg, California Sea Glass Beach
- Del Monte Sea Glass Beach in Monterey, California
- Davenport, California Sea Glass Beach
- Cayucos, California Sea Glass Beach – and they have a sea glass festival.
- Abaco Islands, Bahamas has a sea glass beach.
- So does Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Bermuda has a sea glass beach too.
And finally, there’s the sea glass beach of Ussuri Bay on Russia’s Pacific shoreline where after decades of dumping glass and porcelain into the ocean Mother Nature turned trash into treasure. Gorgeous.
The closest thing I’ve gotten to a sea glass beach were the glass gardens of the now closed “Half to Have It” shop in Halfmoon Bay. So sad.
Smile, it’s Friday!
The featured photograph was a glass on glass piece called “Swimming with the Fishes” and was sold to a good home.