LIGHT SWITCH COVERS – SMALL BUT MIGHTY
Tag Archives: mosaic tile light-switch covers
DIY Mosaic Tile Light Switch Covers
DIY Light Switch Covers:
- Start with a HARD plastic light switch cover … found at home improvement and hardware stores. If the plastic is bendy … pass.
- You can use wood and metal light switch covers too. Makes no never mind. 😉
- Glue color fast beads and/or tile around the light switch opening with Weldbond.
- Then glue the outside edge to establish how much room you have left (in the middle) to work with.
- Glue the rest of your design and let it dry for a couple of hours.
- Finish by gluing color fast beads – or ball chain – around the outside of the light switch cover. Let dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Before grouting cover delicate items (jewels etc) with painter’s tape.
- Confident that the light switch cover is completely dry … mix sanded grout (color of choice) with a liquid grout additive, instead of water, for more flexibility, to an oatmeal consistency.
- Put on gloves … Grout On – I know it’s a weird feeling covering it with mud – keep going filling and smoothing all the nooks and crannies – pause – smooth – pause – 😉 and Grout Off with a slightly damp sponge. Rinse and repeat until clean and smooth. Remove tape from delicate items. Finish gently cleaning and smoothing until shiny and free from grout residue. Let dry overnight. Shine a bit more and gently install.
- Switch plate covers of your choice. Plastic, wood or metal
- Weldbond Adhesive
- Painters Tape
- Wheeled Nipper & Sm Hammer
- Bits and pieces of ceramic tile, china, jewels etc.
- Foam Brush
- Painters Tape
- Wooden Skewer
- Q Tips
- Paper Towel
- Sm Bucket of Water
- Disposable container to mix Grout
- Sanded Grout, Grout Additive and Grout Sealer
- Longer Screws, if needed
Mosaic Tile Light Switch Covers
Unpacked some student-made mosaic tile light switch covers that were left behind to sell in the brick & mortar.
Since they didn’t sell then, maybe they will now … listing them today ladies!
Annie’s Red, White and Blue
Erin’s Fort Knox
Aunt Bea’s 😉 Green Goddess