Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. – Albert Einstein
Basic instruction for indoor mosaic tile construction:
- Cut pieces to size – wear safety glasses.
- Glue pieces to the a prepared surface like this one with Mastic (it’s not concrete)
- Let the glued pieces dry for at least 24 hours
- Prepare grout according to instructions – put on gloves
- Grout the piece filling in all the gaps but avoiding delicate objects
- Then clean off the wet grout until it’s shiny
- Dispose of unused grout properly … meaning NOT DOWN THE DRAIN – you’ll be sorry.
- Let the cleaned piece dry for another 24 hours and polish with a soft cloth as needed
- Seal with grout sealer found at any tile or home improvement store