Love being snowed in.
It turns the volume down.
But then there’s the filthy car, wrecked shoes and the salt dust (on the car) that rubs off on your coat.
If you walk like a penguin, you won’t fall.
That’s all I’ve got.
Have a great day.
Slipping into another Minnesota winter and I need a warmer state of mind. Grateful to Wayne Dyer for a quote that I carry around with me … “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
I’m going to breathe into the ice, the bitter cold that freezes the scarf to my lip, chopping ice, shoveling, black slush, cleaning 10 inches of snow off the car and losing gloves, like socks, the world over.
What I’m not going to do is forget to update the car emergency kit, find the ice scraper and buy tons of window washer fluid.
Winter walks with Jake, twice a day. Taking the time to stand really still, yes, it’s cold, listen, breathe in the cold air and snap off a few “freezing more than time moments.” Winter can be mean, quiet and bitterly breathtaking all at the same time. Feeling pretty good about the changing the way I look at winter. It’s beginning to make me appreciate the nature of it… even if I’m freezing my ass off. Look up.
- The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches. ~e.e. cummings
- There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you…. In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. ~Ruth Stout
- Courtesies cannot be borrowed like snow shovels; you must have some of your own. – John Wanamaker
- Genius is an African who dreams up snow. – Vladimir Nabokov
- I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape – the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. ~Andrew Wyeth
- Winter is nature’s way of saying, “Up yours.” ~Robert Byrne
Beyond the mountains of snow, freezing temperatures, sitting for long periods of time eating comfort food and the constant exposure to sick people … winter really is beautiful.
Trying to stay positive … even if there is absolutely ….
Breathing in nature, even in the dead of winter … have to!
After being absent from our blog for over a month…I’m still searching for the inspiration and motivation to share. So while I’m still pondering what to write about, here are some great winter quotes. Hope it makes you feel a little better about the fact that we’ll be freezing our butts off for the next 6 months. (In Minnesota, anyway;)
- I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape – the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. – Andrew Wyeth
Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. – Stanley Crawford
- I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime. – Will Rogers
- Winter is nature’s way of saying, “Up yours.” – Robert Byrne
- To shorten winter, borrow some money due in spring. – W.J. Vogel
- Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Is that snow? Yep!
It’s better than a tidal wave;-)