Here are a few mosaic tile light switch covers and incense burners from a year long phase.
Some pieces have sold, while others are sold on simply-sugar.com
Have a Day!
Zoey After Sold
Sleep Tight Sold
Blue Willow Sold
Alice’s Restaurant II – 2013
Alice’s Restaurant I
Gypsy Soul • GIFTED
5 o’clock somewhere. SOLD.
Glass on glass tomorrow!
Happy New Year!
It takes more time to come up with a mosaic tile design than it does to glue it down.
Problem is the materials (go through your junk drawers and jewelry boxes) change as you go along … some pieces make the cut … others will not. This is not the time to get discouraged.
If I’m on a roll and the pieces are falling into place … it takes me about an hour to glue a single light switch cover.
If I’m not on a roll … I’ve already started gluing something else.
The gypsy quote is a pendant that I’ve had since high school … and it went from there.
added a little iridescent tile and a purple glass heart …
Going to glue ball and chain to the outer edge, after the grout dries.
Maybe you should too.
All you need is …
- Heavy plastic light switch cover 69¢
- Family Mementoes, Vintage China and Treasures that are lurking in drawers, cupboards and closets
- Buy some fun #tiles and glass shapes
- Weldbond or E6000 Adhesive
- Tile Nipper and Safety Glasses
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. – Albert Einstein
Basic instruction for indoor mosaic tile construction:
- Cut pieces to size – wear safety glasses.
- Glue pieces to the a prepared surface like this one with Mastic (it’s not concrete)
- Let the glued pieces dry for at least 24 hours
- Prepare grout according to instructions – put on gloves
- Grout the piece filling in all the gaps but avoiding delicate objects
- Then clean off the wet grout until it’s shiny
- Dispose of unused grout properly … meaning NOT DOWN THE DRAIN – you’ll be sorry.
- Let the cleaned piece dry for another 24 hours and polish with a soft cloth as needed
- Seal with grout sealer found at any tile or home improvement store
Start with a base and found pieces
Attach the random pieces to the base with mastic found at the home improvement store.
Let the glued pieces dry for 24 hours and grout.
Wipe grout off and keep polishing until clean. Let dry 24 hours. Seal with grout sealer.
Art disturbs, science reassures. ~Georges Braque