- The current state of doom, gloom and negativity have made skipping and blowing bubbles blogging a real challenge.
- It takes less time, energy & technical hours to have my shop on ETSY so … that’s where you’ll find me.
- I’m closer to finding my tile tools.
- Patience has an evil twin.
- I’m not sorry to whoever has to dispose of my life litter, there’s a lot of really cool stuff in there.
- February is a weight changer in the north woods.
- Trees make good neighbors.
- Makes sense that less feels best. ;)D
- Dirt happens so do spiders, mice and wolves.
- It’s a short stay, slow down, fear less and always be a good one.
Everyone knew she had to be the Scottie dog.
Glued memories around a little dog and made sure not to embed him so she could remove him for a quick game.
One piece led to another … photos were taken.
Pass Go and Collect $200
archives | mara lee | 2010
Months later … okay almost a year … along with my biggest fan and brain-trust Rober’ we finally finished my “Glass on Glass” instructional video class. In this class, I’ll show you how to create a Glass on Glass vintage window of your very own!
Available on Vimeo @ learn more
Creating an instructional video was much easier than writing my book.
What book you ask? … it was a few years back (OMG 11 years ) I was contacted by a publisher to write a book about my found object and pique-assiette mosaic tile artwork. The book took almost a year to write and photograph, was a great experience and a ton of work. The next time I write a book, I’m going to make darn sure that I get to name it and choose the cover image. I’m mostly over it. Sort of … not really.
The book is forever in the Library of Congress and is sold on Goodreads and Barnes & Noble, to name a few. It’s been reviewed by some happy people, who encouraged me to keep gluing, while others posted some really mean reviews that at first made me very sad, then mad and then finally really bad for the people who wrote them. People need to be nicer and smile more.
Overall, I give the book a B+ … which was always acceptable in my world, especially in math. The book is good, not great but I finished it and survived everything that came along with it like the realization that I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and gosh darn it a few people loved it.
Giving my DIY Glass on Glass video an A+ out of celebration that I knocked the class out – unscripted – in 3 takes, didn’t cut myself once and Rob was not harmed when he pushed the publish button.
Hope you’ll check it out.
Glass Class with Mara Lee is now available on Vimeo @ learnmore