That was an actual question that was posed to me this past week.
Scary thing is … I think I do have a fairy or two lying around …
I just can’t find the little buggers … they must be hiding;) Fairies do that, you know.
So, Alice … the fairies are indisposed but I do have a colony of plastic rabbits, drive thru plastic toys and the Three Stooges minus Moe … maybe he’s with the fairies.
I’ll keep looking!
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. – Albert Einstein
Basic instruction for indoor mosaic tile construction:
- Cut pieces to size – wear safety glasses.
- Glue pieces to the a prepared surface like this one with Mastic (it’s not concrete)
- Let the glued pieces dry for at least 24 hours
- Prepare grout according to instructions – put on gloves
- Grout the piece filling in all the gaps but avoiding delicate objects
- Then clean off the wet grout until it’s shiny
- Dispose of unused grout properly … meaning NOT DOWN THE DRAIN – you’ll be sorry.
- Let the cleaned piece dry for another 24 hours and polish with a soft cloth as needed
- Seal with grout sealer found at any tile or home improvement store
Start with a base and found pieces
Attach the random pieces to the base with mastic found at the home improvement store.
Let the glued pieces dry for 24 hours and grout.
Wipe grout off and keep polishing until clean. Let dry 24 hours. Seal with grout sealer.
Art disturbs, science reassures. ~Georges Braque